Recombia Biosciences is a small biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary gene editing technologies to optimize yeast for applications in health, energy, and production of sustainable materials. Our technologies enable the introduction of rationally-designed genetic modifications with unprecedented precision, efficiency, and throughput. We are seeking a Genome & Metabolic Engineering Associate to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early-stage biotech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with yeast (S. cerevisiae) or other microorganisms. Successful candidates will combine these expertise with Recombia’s gene editing technologies to generate engineered strains with improved product yields and robustness. The work may also involve development and implementation of high-throughput assays for key metabolites and phenotypes of interest. Ideal candidates will have a background in molecular biology & metabolic engineering.
Successful candidates will be expected to work on a team and take initiative to accelerate Recombia’s projects. As part of the Recombia team, you will interact frequently with leadership and work closely with other lab/bench scientists to move projects forward. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Well qualified candidates will have:
· Bachelors or master’s degree with 1+ years of wet lab research experience.
· Background in yeast biology and standard molecular biology techniques.
· Experience using metabolic engineering strategies and synthetic biology methods.
· Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
· The ability to work independently
Some additional (non-essential) qualifications:
· Industry experience
· Experience applying or developing high-throughput assays for metabolites.
· Experience operating laboratory automation.
U.S. Work Authorization:
Current US work authorization required.
1000 Marina Blvd, Brisbane, CA 94005
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply please visit recombia.com
Job Type: Full-time