Recombia Biosciences in an early-stage startup that is leveraging its proprietary gene editing technologies to optimize yeast for applications in health, energy, and production of sustainable materials. Our technologies enable the introduction of rationally-designed genetic modifications with unprecedented precision, efficiency, and throughput. We are seeking an Assay Development Scientist to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early-stage biotech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Candidates should have specialized experience in development and application of ultra high-throughput assays for metabolite detection. Ideal candidates will have a background in chemical detection, metabolic engineering, microfluidics, single cell technologies, and biosensors. Programming skills and proficiency in computational data analysis methods are also desired. Successful candidates will design and implement robust assays to characterize, at high-throughput, genetically-modified strains of industrial yeast for production of different chemical products.
As part of the Recombia team, you will be expected to interact frequently with leadership and other lab/bench scientists, but also work independently to implement essential assays for strains emerging from Recombia’s genetic engineering pipeline. Salary and equity for this temporary position will be commensurate with experience.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- Experience in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA purification, cloning, DNA assembly, DNA sequencing)
- Background in metabolic engineering in microorganisms, especially yeast (S. cerevisiae).
- Specialized experience developing and/or using microfluidic and single cell analysis platforms for ultra high-throughput assays.
- Experience in chemical detection methods (e.g. HPLC)
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, R, etc)
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
- The ability to work independently
Some Additional (Non-Essential) Qualifications:
- Industry experience (especially in the areas of industrial fermentation)
- Postdoctoral training
- Experience developing biosensors
$85-$130k, commensurate with experience
U.S. Work Authorization:
Only candidates with current work authorization will be considered for this role. Recombia cannot sponsor visas.
1000 Marina Blvd, Brisbane, CA 94005
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.