Recombia Biosciences is an early-stage startup leveraging proprietary gene editing technologies to optimize yeast for applications in health, energy, and production of sustainable materials. Our technologies enable the introduction of genetic modifications with unprecedented precision, efficiency, and throughput. We are seeking a Genome & Metabolic Engineering Associate to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early-stage biotech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the application of metabolic engineering strategies in yeast (S. cerevisiae) or other microorganisms. This position will use Recombia’s gene editing technologies to generate engineered strains with improved product yields and robustness. The work will also involve development and implementation of high-throughput assays for metabolites and phenotypes of interest. Ideal candidates will have a background in molecular biology & metabolic engineering.
Successful candidates will be expected to work on a team and take initiative to accelerate projects. As part of the Recombia team, you will interact frequently with leadership and work closely with other team members to move projects forward. Salary and equity for this position will be commensurate with experience. Ideal candidates will have prior research experience in an industrial setting.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors or master’s degree with 1+ years of research experience.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
- Strong background in molecular biology and experience using standard molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA extraction, plasmid cloning, gel electrophoresis, transformation, DNA sequencing)
- Experience in one more of the following areas:
- yeast genetics and biology
- metabolic engineering
- synthetic biology
- high-throughput biology
- laboratory automation.
Some additional (non-essential) qualifications:
- Industry experience (especially experience working at a startup in synthetic biology, strain engineering, or industrial fermentation)
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, R, etc)
- NGS/Genomics experience
commensurate with experience
U.S. Work Authorization:
Current US work authorization required.
1000 Marina Blvd, Brisbane, CA 94005
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply please visit recombia.com and send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org