Recombia Biosciences is an early-stage synthetic biology startup that is leveraging its proprietary genome engineering technologies to optimize yeast to produce a number of different sustainable products. Our technologies enable the introduction of rationally-designed genetic modifications with unprecedented precision, efficiency, and throughput. Leveraging these technologies we can explore the genomic space of the chassis strain in addition to creating heterologous pathways. Our initial applications of these technologies will involve a research collaboration with a partner company.
We are seeking a full-time Bioanalytical Scientist to join our team at the Research Associate/Senior Research Associate level. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of an early-stage biotech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area. Candidates must have experience working with yeast (S. cerevisiae) or other microorganisms. Candidate will be responsible to develop high-throughput assays to select for improved strains. Ideal candidates will have a background in chemical detection, metabolic engineering, and industrial fermentation.
Successful candidates will design and implement robust assays to characterize, at high-throughput, genetically-modified strains of industrial yeast for production of different compounds by fermentation. As part of the Recombia team, you will be expected to interact frequently with leadership, outside partners, and other lab/bench scientists, but also work independently to implement essential assays for strains emerging from Recombia’s bioengineering pipeline. Salary and equity for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- B.S. or M.S. in a related field
- 2-5 years of bioanalytical industry experience
- Background in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, or chemical engineering
- Experience in analytical detection methods (e.g. HPLC-RI)
- Experience performing biochemical assays
- Experience in micro-scale fermentation of microbes
- Experience in basic microbiological methods (pipetting, cell stocking, cell plating, media prep, …)
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
- The ability to work independently
Some Additional (Non-Essential) Qualifications:
- Automation/robotics experience
- Experience with bench scale (0.25-5L) microbial fermentations
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, R, etc)
- Experience developing biosensors
commensurate with experience
U.S. Work Authorization:
Only candidates with current work authorization will be considered for this role.
1000 Marina Blvd, Brisbane, CA 94005
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
Monday to Friday
For more information or to apply please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.