#Recombia Biosciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Lesaffre Group, is #hiring in the fields of #MetabolicEngineering, Yeast and Bacteria Genome Engineering and #Precision _fermentation, at various experience levels: one such position reposted here, more to come later. #Lesaffre, founded in 1853, is the oldest fermentation company in the world, the largest producer of yeast for baking, supplying its products to one out of three loafs of bread worldwide, with #RedStarYeast as one of its products in the US. Lesaffre has built the largest #biofoundry in Europe, has a diverse business ecosystem, engaged in yeast biomass for baking, yeast extracts, fuel ethanol, yeast for brewing, winemaking and distillers, industrial biobased chemicals, flavors, feed, plant health and human nutrition and health. Come to join our large family counting already 11,000 employees.We are seeking a Metabolic Engineering Scientist I to join our team. Candidates should have a strong background and direct experience in metabolic engineering of yeast central metabolism and have demonstrated track record of successfully introducing and optimizing metabolic pathways into a microbial host organism. Ideal candidates will also have specialized experience in fermentation engineering and process development. Successful candidates will work to design and introduce genetic modifications and implement robust assays including one-liter bioreactor fermentation to characterize the resulting genetically modified strains of industrial yeast.As part of the Recombia team, you will be expected to interact frequently with leadership and work collaboratively with other lab/bench scientists to implement strain engineering and analysis workflows. Salary and equity for this position will be commensurate with experience.Well qualified candidates will have:
- A PhD in Bioengineering, or Chemical Engineering, or Industrial Microbiology, or Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, related fields and relevant experience and training (for instance MSc and 10 years of bioengineering industry experience)
- Strong background in metabolic engineering of microorganisms, especially in central carbon metabolism of yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), as shown by a relevant publication or job experience record.
- Experience in developing and optimizing microbial fermentation processes for the production of small molecules.
- Experience in molecular biology (e.g. PCR, DNA purification, cloning, genome editing, DNA assembly, DNA sequencing) of yeast and bacteria.
- Demonstrated skills to generate new hypotheses using existing data, scientific literature, or metabolic models.
- Strong communication skills and experience working within a complex team.
- Strong organizational, strategic planning skills, and excellent record keeping.
- A good record of maintaining safe practices and work environment.
- Skills to mentor junior researchers
Some additional (non-essential) qualifications:
- Industry experience (especially in the areas of metabolic engineering and industrial fermentation) or postdoctoral training (especially in the area of metabolic engineering and fermentation)
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, R, etc)
- Familiarity with Benchling environment and their Developer APIs
- Construction and analysis of metabolic models
Ability to travel internationally (France) at least two weeks per year.Salary is based on experience and education ranging from $100,000 to $140,000 per year.
Please Apply on LinkedIn