Recombia Biosciences is an early-stage startup leveraging proprietary gene editing technologies to optimize yeast for applications in health, energy, and production of sustainable materials. Our technologies enable the introduction of genetic modifications with unprecedented precision, efficiency, and throughput. We are seeking a Genome & Metabolic Engineering Associate to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early-stage biotech startup in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Candidates should have specialized experience in development and application of ultra high-throughput assays for metabolite detection. Ideal candidates will have a background in chemical detection, metabolic engineering, synthetic biology or strain engineering. Programming skills and proficiency in computational data analysis methods are also desired. Successful candidates will design and implement robust assays to characterize, at high-throughput, genetically-modified strains of industrial yeast for production of different chemical products.
As part of the Recombia team, you will be expected to interact frequently with leadership and other lab/bench scientists, but also work independently to implement essential assays for strains emerging from Recombia’s genetic engineering pipeline. Salary and equity for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Well qualified candidates will have:
- Experience in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, DNA purification, cloning, DNA assembly, DNA sequencing)
- Background in metabolic engineering in microorganisms, especially yeast (S. cerevisiae).
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a team
- The ability to work independently
Some additional (non-essential) qualifications:
- Industry experience (especially in the areas of industrial fermentation)
- Postdoctoral training
- Specialized experience developing and/or using microfluidic and single cell analysis platforms for ultra high-throughput assays.
- Experience in chemical detection methods (e.g. HPLC)
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, R, etc)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- High-throughput assay development for industrial yeast and metabolic engineering
- Doctorate or Masters
- Brisbane / South San Francisco, CA 94005
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday